Born in Boulder Colorado, I grew up with the presuppositions of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) as a consistent part of my experience: there is no failure, only feedback… people work perfectly… behind every behavior is a positive intention… My parents, Steve Andreas and Connirae Andreas have been developing and training NLP all of my life, so I grew up in the midst of a new understanding of how each one of us experiences outer reality through the five senses, creating our own unique and rich internal representations and resultant strategies for navigating through the world. When we understand these inner structures, we can change what isn’t working for us, shifting to what does work.
In private practice since 2009, I also train NLP around the country and the world. Together with Connirae Andreas, I co-sponsor Andreas NLP Trainings, which hosts innovative trainers and trainings at the growing edge of the NLP field. My past experience includes having worked in wilderness therapy as a counselor/trip-leader for the Monarch Center for Family Healing where I was in charge of facilitating groups of “troubled” youth on a daily basis both in individual therapy and group process. In 2006 I completed the NLP Comprehensive NLP Practitioner Training in Colorado, and in 2008 I worked as one of four facilitators of the same seminar. I completed my NLP Master Practitioner Training with NLP Comprehensive in the summer of 2008, and my NLP Trainer’s Training in 2009 at the NLP Institute of California. Since then I have coached and participated in many more trainings (see full list below). My book “Sweet Fruit from the Bitter Tree: 61 stories of creative and compassionate ways out of conflict” was published in 2011, and my book “Waltzing with Wolverines: finding connection and cooperation with troubled teens” was published in 2015.
Mark’s Trainings in 2016-2017:
- Various workshops at the ACHE Meeting of Minds Conference April 21-23 in Glendale, CA
- Various workshops at the Hypno Expo 2017 May 19-21 in Daytona Beach, FL
- Core Transformation 3-day training September 23-25, in Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Various workshops at the ACHE Meeting of Minds Conference April 1-3 in Glendale, CA.
- Various workshops at Hypno Expo 2016 May 13-15 in Daytona Beach, FL.
- NLP Starter Training April 16-17 in Denver, CO
- NLP for Hypnotists May 21-22 in Boulder, CO
- NLP of the Rockies NLP Practitioner Training and NLP Master Practitioner Training, July-Aug. in Winter Park, CO
- NLP for Hypnotists Aug. 25 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Various workshops at the hypnothoughtsLIVE hypnotherapy conference Aug. 26-28 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Core Transformation Sept. 16-18, Santa Cruz, CA
- Core Transformation Sept. 24-25, Lisbon Portugal
Mark’s Past Trainings:
- Trained 2-hour to half-day courses at ACHE conference in Pasadena, CA (2013, 2014,)
- Trained 2-day Core Transformation training at HypnoThoughts Live in Las Vegas, NV (2013)
- Trained 2-day Core Transformation training at Estes Park, CO (2014)
- Trained 2-day Core Transformation training at Daytona Beach, FL (2014)
- Trained 2-day Core Transformation training in Austin, TX (2014)
- Trained 3-day Core Transformation training in Santa Cruz, CA (2016)
- Trained 2-day Core Transformation training in Lisbon, Portugal (2016)
- Trained 1-day Intro to NLP course at Red Rocks Community College (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Trained 2-day NLP Starter course in Denver CO (2016)
- Trained 2-day NLP for Hypnotists course in Longmont CO (2016)
- Trained 1-day Intro to NLP course for Andreas NLP Trainings (2015)
- Trained 1-hour, 2-hour, and 3-hour workshops at the hypnothoughtsLIVE hypnotherapy conference in Las Vegas, NV (2015, 2016)
- Trained multiple days for the NLP of the Rockies NLP Practitioner Training, Winter Park CO (2015, 2016).
Full list of Training/Coaching Experience:
- NLP Practitioner 14-day training (2006, NLP Comprehensive)
- NLP Master Practitioner 14-day training, (2008, NLP Comprehensive)
- NLP Trainer’s Training, 9-days (2009, NLP of California)
- Coached NLP Practitioner 14-day training (2008, NLP Comprehensive)
- Coached Core Transformation 3-day trainings (6 times over past 3 years, Tamara Andreas)
- Integral Eye Movement Therapy 2-day training (2009, Andy Austin, New York)
- Advanced Mastery 6-day trainings (2009, 2010, 2011, Richard Bolstad, Nick Kemp, Danie Belieu, Lucas Derks, Andy Austin, Steve Andreas, Steve Watson)
- Metaphors of Movement 2-6 day training (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Andy Austin, Boulder CO)
- Resolving PTSD 4-day training (2013 Steve Andreas, Boulder CO)
- Weight Loss 2-day training (2013 Andy Austin, Boulder CO)
- Coming to Wholeness 2-day training (2012) Connirae Andreas, Boulder CO, New York)
- Coached Coming to Wholeness 2-day training, (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) Connirae Andreas, Tamara Andreas, Boulder CO, Austin TX, New York, NY)